The National University Commission, NUC, has approved Medicine, MBBS, Computer Science and 16 other courses for the Federal University, Lafiya.
A letter signed on Monday by the NUC’s Director of Academic Planning, B. Salihu and obtained by INFOMEDIA, revealed that all the approved courses are undergraduate programs that would be run in full time mode.
According to the letter, the programs would take off from 2019/2020 academic session.
“All the programs shall bear only the approved tittles and nomenclatures and any change will require the approval of the commission.
“The university is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programs,” the letter read in part.
Below are listed courses approved:
- Integrated Science Education, B. Ed.
- Biology Education, B.Sc Ed.
- Mass Communication, B.Sc.
- Psychology, B.Sc.
- Computer Science Education, B. Sc (Ed).
- Mathematics Education, B. Sc (Ed).
- Radiography, B.Sc.
- Nursing, BNSC.
- Arabic Studies, B.A.
- Hausa Language, B. A.
- Physics Education, B.Sc (Ed).
- Chemistry Education, B. Sc (Ed).
- Business Administration, B. Sc.
- Accounting, B. Sc.
- Christian Religion, B. A.
- Islamic Studies, B. A.
- Geography, B. Sc.
- Medicine, MBBS.